BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life...

So, it's been quite a while since my last post, but a lifetime of things have happened. Jack now has 3 teeth, those were fun times.. NOT! Sam now thinks he's a professional swimmer and is just about ready to try out for the Olympics. Tayler is an experienced videographer and would love nothing more than a really great video camera. (the one he has will have to do for now).
Sam,Jack and I had to make a heartbreaking trip to Ohio last week for my Grandpa's funeral. Having never been to a funeral before it was really tough. I feel blessed and lucky that I've never had to endure the pain of losing a loved one before now. I don't think you can fully grasp the concept of death until you've been to a funeral of someone you love. I've always known death was among us and happens every single way in every different way but you truly don't get it until you have to attend a funeral. That was one of the toughest thing's I've ever had to do in my life. Something I'm still having a hard time dealing with and can't really understand is how can you be married to someone for 63, almost 64 years and fully go on once the good Lord takes them? How do you do that? I guess it has to be by the grace of God right? I did alot of thinking about life and death for that matter. I came to a conclusion that when it is my time (whenever that may be) I want my family and friends to know without a shadow of a doubt where I'm going. I want them to know I mean really KNOW in their hearts that I have gone to be with Jesus. What a gift to give your loved ones, I can't think of anything better to leave behind. I know I have a long way to go in my relationship with God and I have alot to learn still, but I really want to work on that and grow spiritually so I leave behind no doubt!
God Bless you Grandpa, you will be greatly missed, I'm sorry I didn't' get to say goodbye, but I know you know how we all feel about you and I know you are happy and proud of the way we bid you farewell!

0 comments: